Hey All – It snowed, even a little bit at Otis! Hoping to have one or two casual work parties over the next month to take care of some infrastructure and finish the job of moving the lift over to the big hill. We never had a chance to test it last year but it will open up our skiable terrain by a factor of 2 or 3 and should be great. There are also a couple of small projects related to the new trail system we put in that would make them a little better suited to XC skiing. Just to see if there is anything that strikes your fancy:
- Pull rope up hill and splice new piece in
- Move old towers to new hill to cut existing T-bar spans in half (easier than it sounds)
- Hang safety gate wires from towers so bikes can pass through lift line
- Finish bridge decks on new bridges to make them more skier friendly
- Maybe install old woodstove or propane heater in new warming shack?
- Tighten warming shack up
- General cleanup of the site from all of the recent work
- A few miscellaneous projects
The runs are all mowed and cleared so there should be limited trail work unless someone has a special project they want to tackle. I will have all of the big equipment and tools handy on site, but it is always great to have extra hand tools, cordless drivers, and any safety equipment.
Planned dates are Sunday the 30th of October and the following Saturday, November 5th.
Hope to see you out there!